[sword-devel] SVN 3813 makes compilation of Sword fail

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 19 05:25:13 EDT 2020

Thanks Jaak,

I think it is safe to assume that the count of open files for our
process will be less than the storage capacity of a pointer.  I can't
imagine an implementation where that has ever not been true or might
ever become false, but your solution would certainly work as well.  As
for my preference to keep things as they are, it is simply a preference:
I don't typically like sending pointers of stack varables off anywhere.
For me, it's a good habit to keep me from times it would be dangerous,
though, as you noted, your suggestion would work just fine here, as we
are sure FTPLib blocks and doesn't let our stack variable out of scope
or else our call to close at the end of the method would really mess us
up!  Thank you for the suggestion, as always.  I hope you've had a good
weekend.

Troy