[sword-devel] SWORD 1.9.0RC3 Available

ZdPo Ster zdposter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 04:49:56 EDT 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 at 21:32, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, I had heard that Microsoft understood slash characters better in paths
> nowadays compared to their insistence on backslashes in the past. That
> update should be easy to merge.

IMO this (original warning) is not a problem of Microsoft but cmake.

> Why do we need to call this "CMAKE_POLICY" function? What is CMP0012? You
> seem to be on a VERY new version of CMake, whereas we support pretty old
> versions. The CMakeLists.txt itself claims to support back to 2.6.0, which
> allows us to still cover older versions of CentOS and Ubuntu. Is this
> policy something specific to newer versions of CMake? I would rather not
> bump older versions out of accessibility if I don't need to.

Problem is not in SWORD but cURL (7.72.0). Here is output from cmake output:

CMake Warning (dev) at F:/win64_llvm/lib/cmake/CURL/CURLConfig.cmake:52
(if):
  if given arguments:

    "ON"

  An argument named "ON" appears in a conditional statement.  Policy CMP0012
  is not set: if() recognizes numbers and boolean constants.  Run "cmake
  --help-policy CMP0012" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy command
  set the policy and suppress this warning.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files/CMake/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/FindCURL.cmake:58
(find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:57 (FIND_PACKAGE)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Details are explained at
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.18/policy/CMP0012.html. => cmake 3x expect
this policy is set otherwise there is warning.
In recent cmake versions The OLD behavior of a policy is deprecated by
definition and may be removed in a future version of CMake.

Zdenko