[sword-devel] Python sword

pierre amadio amadio.pierre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:58:39 EST 2020

Hi there !

I am afraid there is no real documentation for the python binding
(someone please correct me if I m wrong).

I think that, as they are build automatically with swig, they are
suppose to be identical to the way c++ work (with all the type
transformation magic that can go in the process...)

Last time i played with python, i was using the C++ doc and using the
online python help mechanism to try to find wich method in python
matched with method in C++. It more or less worked as expected :-)

Overview of the main classes:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordapi/apiprimer.jsp

Some code example:
https://wiki.crosswire.org/DevTools:Code_Examples

I do not know of an existing python frontend, but that would be the
best way to get working example.

I have some example on my own i store in github:

https://github.com/pierre-amadio/SwordSandBox/tree/master/python

I hope it can help.