[sword-devel] Remove Strong's references from KJV module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Nov 15 00:41:12 EST 2020

Greg is certainly right, the KJV source markup is OSIS, which you can discover by looking in the module's kjv.conf file. SWORD's typical nomenclature for filters is to start the filter name with the markup source which it is designed to work upon, thus GBFPlain would take GBF source markup and output plain text. As Greg suggests, OSISPlain would take OSIS source markup (what the KJV module uses) and output plain text.

Having said all this, you probably never will need to do any of this manually. SWORD’s factory classes (SWMgr in this instance) should look at the module's .conf file and add all the right filters for you if you tell the engine what "Render" format you'd like. In my previous example, that's done with the line:

SWMgr library(new MarkupFilterMgr(FMT_PLAIN));

This says, render PLAIN text. You could just as easily say here render RTF, LATEX, XHTML, or any of a number of others (see FMT_* in swmodule.h)

Hope this explains a bit of how things generally flow.

Troy