[sword-devel] Remove Strong's references from KJV module

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Nov 14 22:59:53 EST 2020

Hi Loren,

There should be examples you can find under the examples/ folder in the source which output plain text, but there are 2 general ways to do this in SWORD:

1)

SWMgr library;
SWModule *kjv = library.getModule("KJV");
kjv->setKey("jn.3.16");
cout << kjv->stripText() << endl;

(see example: https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/examples/classes/simplechapter.cpp )

2) preferred:

SWMgr library(new MarkupFilterMgr(FMT_PLAIN));
SWModule *kjv = library.getModule("KJV");
kjv->setKey("jn.3.16");
cout << kjv->renderText() << endl;

(See example https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/examples/cmdline/outrender.cpp )

Hope this helps.