[sword-devel] Versification Mapping

Caleb Maclennan caleb at alerque.com
Sat May 9 01:08:58 MST 2020

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 9:45 AM Tobias Klein <contact at tklein.info> wrote:

> @all: Who would be interested in this in general? We could start with tags
> / topical verse lists.

I would.

For my tastes and potential use cases something that split the difference
between a complete live persistence and a static import/export would be
much more useful. Specifically I would like to intervene in the middle of
the import/export process and store the dump format in version control. If
the format were carefully considered with this use case in mind this would
allow merging content from different sources and basically providing a
synchronization mechanism. Not a live persistent connection perse, but with
a little outside setup it could be used as an eventually-consistent sync
mechanism. How much hand holding would go into fixing merge conflicts would
be dependent on how well thought out the schema was.