[sword-devel] SWORD Support / Eloquent

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri May 8 16:21:09 MST 2020

Dear volunteers,

If you are an active user of one of our frontends, please consider
signing up to receive and responds to email sent to sword-support.

We've recently received a help request regarding Eloquent on MacOS and
no one has responded, making me think we don't have an Eloquent users
signed up to help answer support emails.

We could really use your help and this is a great way for power users to
share their knowledge with our user community.

All support emails (feedback, support, help, etc.) are sent to the
mailing list: sword-support at crosswire.org.

Volunteers are asked to "Reply-All" to emails they tackle, so both the
user and the list receive the response, letting other list members know
the email has been answered by a volunteer.

As a downside, you will unfortunately receive a large amount of spam, so
please, if you sign up to volunteer, be prepared to direct emails you
receive from sword-support at crosswire.org to an email folder you can
review when you have time.  I haven't been able to tune our spam
filtering software on our mail server sufficiently to block most of
these emails.  That's another area we could use volunteer help-- if you
are proficient with postfix, procmail, spamassasin, pyzor, razor, we
could use an expert to tune our spam filters.

Thank you all for sharing in service together!

Troy