[sword-devel] NASB Psalm titles

Tom Sullivan info at beforgiven.info
Fri May 8 09:57:28 MST 2020

Troy, Karl:

(Karl:
[NASB]
Heading=On)

I am using Debian Buster (10) (stable). This is the current stable
version of Debian and is the one generally recommended. It is the
version those of us who have work to do use, rather than mess with a
buggy OS. (There is a more recent Debian version generally titled
testing, but it is not as reliable.)

I have mentioned my versions before. Others can comment on their current
status:

Diatheke: 4.7
Xiphos: 4.1.0
Sword (from osis2mod): 3431 (This should be current as I compiled for
the new version when it came out earlier.)

I understand that there is a new version of Xiphos, but Xiphos is not
the only program not showing Psalm titles. (I hope to see a Debian
package for Xiphos soon, if not when I get a chance, I can try to
compile, but that always has difficulties.)

I repeat here the results from Diatheke:
(I was given to understand that this is the gold standard for seeing if
the problem is in the module or Sword vs. front-ends.)

$ diatheke -b ESV2011 -f plain -k ps 5.1-2
Psalms 5:1:  Give ear to my words, O Lord;
consider my groaning.

   To the choirmaster: for the flutes. A Psalm of David.
   Psalms 5:2: Give attention to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you do I pray.

(ESV2011)
$ diatheke -b KJV -f plain -k ps 5.1-2
Psalms 5:1: Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my meditation.
To the chief Musician upon Nehiloth, A Psalm of David.
Psalms 5:2: Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for
unto thee will I pray.
(KJV)
$ diatheke -b NASB -f plain -k ps 5.1-2
Psalms 5:1:
Give ear to my words, O LORD, Consider my groaning.
   Psalms 5:2:
Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, For to You I pray.
(NASB)

And I repeat here the *differences* in how front ends handle things:
BibleDesktop displays the canonical title in a different color than the
human title. This does not mean that I accuse any front-ends per-se.

BibleTime displays both the human and canonical the same.

Xiphos 4.1.0 displays titles for ESV2011, not NASB

Tom Sullivan
info at BeForgiven.INFO
FAX: 815-301-2835
---------------------
Great News!
God created you, owns you and gave you commands to obey.
You have disobeyed God - as your conscience very well attests to you.
God's holiness and justice compel Him to punish you in Hell.
Jesus Christ became Man, was crucified, buried and rose from the dead
as a substitute for all who trust in Him, redeeming them from Hell.
If you repent (turn from your sin) and believe (trust) in Jesus Christ,
you will go to Heaven. Otherwise you will go to Hell.
Warning! Good works are a result, not cause, of saving trust.
More info is at www.esig.beforgiven.info
Do you believe this? Copy this signature into your email program
and use the Internet to spread the Great News every time you email.