[sword-devel] Status of OSIS?

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:33:03 MST 2020

The Short answer about the OSIS spec tho

For now, I've been coding the PDF -> text -> USFM intending to ultimately
convert it to either markdown or OSIS for longterm maintenance. markdown if
UBS maintains it, and OSIS if it's maintained at Crosswire.

But my work in progress is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12TMgc_h4DWCWWjZ3B6dBOoynvyzMp4q-/view?usp=sharing

I intend to get it to paragraphs with character styling, and the images
present. At that point it can turn into USFM, or OSIS, or Markdown. and
once a long term direction for ownership and maintainer becomes clear, the
right place to land it into a repo should be obvious and easy.

But... does anyone have contact with Patrick and could query him for the
source?  If not, does anyone have contact with Jeff Klassen and could ask
him or have enough knowledge already to know that UBS won't have anything
like source code for OSIS manuals?