[sword-devel] NASB display issue with Strong's Numbers on

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon May 4 14:32:44 MST 2020

Ah,  I have tried the latest release (there hasn't been an update since
first public availability, but there have been a number of revisions in
testing for a while now) on Bishop on Android and it generally shows
these verses correctly with footnotes on and in "Language Assist" mode,
which highlights words by Strongs number.  There seems to be a word or
two which are not marked ideally, oddly at the same phrase in both v19
and 20, my parenthesis marking the phrase: Mark8:19 ...pieces you picked
(up?"  They said) to Him, "Twelve." ... v20, ... did you pick (up?" And
they said) to Him, "Seven."

The results are intelligible, and from a user perspective, I wouldn't
consider this anything high priority for fixing, but from a markup
perspective, I can imagine things might be strange under the covers.

I would suggest: be sure you have the final released version of the NASB
from the Lockman Foundation repo, and then test with Bishop-- which will
let you share modules with AndBible and see if the results are different
for you.

<https://apps.apple.com/us/app/the-sword-project/id1399921911>
Get it on Google Play
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crosswire.bishop>