[sword-devel] Status of OSIS?

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:12:04 MST 2020

David,

That page you refer to is the problem that created this email.

The page you refer to shouldn't exist like it does.. that information
should be going onto a problem ticket system. (Think the 'issue tracker' on
the USFM 3 list.  It's searchable and the status of most items is clear,
and anything already acted on is already on the official documentation
pages.)

That collection of pages in its current form provides little information.
it's not sorted by status of investigation/implementation, nor by the
spec's organization, but rather by the impression of the author as to it's
nature.  It seems to be a collection of writings, some of which describe
real problems that have been acted on already, some that describe
misspellings (but can safely be ignored for module creation.), and some
that fit into "wishlist" meaning even if they're in the 'bug' category and
actually bugs, they aren't affecting what happens today. Each writing in
the wiki will have to be processed before I can code. I can't see any clear
status marker present so I can sort the already dones from the wishlist.

THATS what I'm suggesting/working toward.  I'm encoding the entire spec for
storage in a source form, so that implemented bugfixes can be updated into
the spec. We should not have to go through megabytes of text to find 3
misleading characters in the spec that will break every module someone
trying to follow the spec will run into. I've seen enough in the wiki that
I'm pretty sure there's at least on issue listed there that is likely to be
in that class, but I'm going to have to sort through each and every
sentence on each and every page to find them all.