[sword-devel] Firefox to remove support for the FTP protocol | ZDNet

Moses McKnight moses at mcktex.com
Fri Mar 20 12:51:27 EDT 2020

I don't know how you use FTP, but I have used SFTP for quite some time now and
don't miss FTP at all for transferring to/from web servers.  In Linux I just use
the file manager (Nemo/Dolphin/Thunar) and it is seamless

On 3/20/20 11:28 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Thank you Caleb for so succinctly expressing the point that I vaguely hinted at.
>
> This is something that needs our urgent attention.
>
> David
>
> Sent from ProtonMail Mobile
>

> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 16:23, Caleb Maclennan <caleb at alerque.com
> <mailto:caleb at alerque.com>> wrote:
>> I don't think code sharing code with browsers is even the issue here, the
>> issue is the FTP ecosystem is going away — and surprising quickly for
>> something that used to be so ubiquitous. I've already bumped into several
>> ISP's just flat out blocking all FTP traffic, probably because they didn't
>> know of or care about any ongoing uses for it. With browsers dropping support,
>> it's validity as a protocol is going to quickly go by the wayside. All
>> existing FTP based systems should be ported to HTTPS (and only 'S') at the
>> earliest convenience.
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:22 PM Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com
>> <mailto:greg.hellings at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 2:20 AM David Haslam <dfhdfh at protonmail.com
>>     <mailto:dfhdfh at protonmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         The writing is on the wall for FTP.
>>
>>         Firefox to remove support for the FTP protocol | ZDNet
>>         https://flip.it/AY-TTt
>>
>>         How will this trend affect how we design and communicate?
>>

>>     Since we don't use or rely on Mozilla or Chrome code, I imagine it won't
>>     affect much of anything.
>>
>>     --Greg
>>

>>         Best regards,____
>>
>>         David
>>
>>         Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look
for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
(Hebrews 9:27-28)