[sword-devel] SWORD 1.9.0 release intention

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 20 11:58:38 EDT 2020

So, I am making an attempt to travel for my usual summer work in Europe
next week.  As of now, I believe the rules are that I will be required
to quarantine for 14 days, this means that the first 2 weeks of July
should be a great time for me to isolated at home working on SWORD
1.9.0.  My intention is to finish the following things up in those 2
weeks (and fix any bugs we find, accordingly).  If you have anything
else you'd like to get into this release, especially if it
interface-breaking, please try to have anything committed to me soon.
Let's shoot for mid-July for the release.  Thank you for all of your
varied and many contributions to our ministry together!

Renaming the __u64 style macros to something like SW_u64.

Merging the Windows FileMgr patch you have been keeping for Xiphos into
something build configurable.

A large refactoring commit I have locally which completes the camelCase
normalization of the public API but doesn't yet pass all unit tests.
Need to debug and find what I missed.