[sword-devel] Localisation of front-end apps

Tuomas Airaksinen tuomas.airaksinen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 02:33:44 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 10:34 PM David Haslam <dfhdfh at protonmail.com> wrote:

> The *transifex* figure of *0%* strings translated for *English (United
> Kingdom)* seems rather bizarre to me.
>
> Even if *And Bible* were deemed to have been written in *English (United
> States)*, that would still make little sense.

Base text in transifex is English. English (UK) in transifex is a
placeholder for language corrections in original english text (I'm not
native speaker, so there probably are (a lot of) errors in the original
English). Though nobody has contributed to that yet (would here be anyone
willing to do that?).

And we know that our friend *Martin Denham* is British.

> Even so, it's also apparent that many major languages have less than *70*
> (United States)
> *%* as a score, with even *Spanish* having now dropped just below this
> threshold.

Please note that you should view the completeness of "And Bible -
strings.xml" resource, rather than all files (play store text, jsword
biblenames etc.). And we are just on the edge of new 3.3 release and are
still waiting for some translators to update their translations. But it's
true that some languages need more active/committed maintainers.

> Best regards,
>
> David
>
> Sent with ProtonMail <https://protonmail.com> Secure Email.

T: Tuomas