[sword-devel] NA28 shows no verses

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 1 20:41:11 EDT 2020

Great. Right. The final things I had on my to-do list for this release:

Renaming the __u64 style macros to something like SW_u64.

Merging the Windows FileMgr patch you have been keeping for Xiphos into something build configurable.

A large refactoring commit I have locally which completes the camelCase normalization of the public API but doesn't yet pass all unit tests. Need to debug and find what I missed.

On June 1, 2020 5:22:58 PM MST, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> they were using trunk.
>>
>Bibletime compiles against trunk, I'm sure, as part of its testing
>matrix.
>But I don't believe it uses trunk for releases. I'm fairly sure your
>work
>on Bishop is the only one that leverages unreleased code other than the
>couple of immediately necessary patches that Karl mentioned I grabbed
>for
>Fedora repos.
>
>Please, let's get our heads together to figure out how the release
>process
>needs to go for 1.9 and let's make it happen!
>
>--Greg
>
>> I am not sure what Xiphos is using for their new release.
>>
>> Troy
>>

>> On 6/1/20 1:53 PM, Michael H wrote:
>>
>> I tried the license in Bibletime 3.0, and it fails to authorize.
>>
>> I've tried to authorize the NA28 on Alkitab Bible Study 4.0 (Build
>> 202005100000) and it fails to authorize.
>>
>> I haven't figured out how to install the latest Xiphos yet (on an
>> Ubuntu 18.04 system running Cinnamon desktop... still waiting the
>> drop.) The version I have it seemed to authorize (it never said
>> 'successful' or 'failed' that I saw, just removed the authorization
>box
>> after a long time.) But then shows no verse text.
>>
>> On my Linux Desktop and my Mac Desktop, I don't put my full
>credentials
>> into the login user profile (usually just my last initial or less
>than the
>> complete name.) Could this be causing a registration error?  I've
>never
>> seen any user setup on Bibletime or any Sword program, but I did note
>that
>> the license is obviously trying to look like it's based on my name. I
>> didn't see any warning about what it would validate against, but then
>it's
>> been 30 plus years since my German was tested beyond yes or no.
>>
>> In Bishop, it works and I don't see any issues.
>>

>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 3:27 PM Troy A. Griffitts
><scribe at crosswire.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> Our online study tools have some linkage to the NTVMR.
>>>

>http://crosswire.org/study/parallelstudy.jsp?del=all&add=KJV&add=TR&add=Treg&add=NASB
>>>
>>> Click on a word, then click: show textual evidence.
>>>
>>> It also has the Manuscript Coverage tab which gets its data from
>Münster,
>>> as well. That tab has a nice slider on the right to adjust the data
>by
>>> century. Hover over a cell and you'll get details with direct links
>into
>>> the NTVMR at for the witness and taken directly to the chapter.
>>>
>>> I don't know of other desktop apps who has added any integration,
>but
>>> Bishop's code is really simple here and would act as a good example:

>>> witnessStudy
>>> alignmentTable