[sword-devel] SWORD forums???

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Jul 7 08:56:37 EDT 2020

Hi David.  The old mvnforums software we used was riddled with holes a
spammer could use to post spam and I doubt the software is still being
maintained.  The forums had been "read-only" for a decade, and not
really forums any longer.  When we finally made the switch a month or so
ago away from our old server, the forum software was not migrated.  If
there are any references to the forums, they should be changed.  Mailman
(sword-devel, jsword-devel, bt-devel, etc. + their archives), in
practice serves as our forum utility.  While user forums still sounds
like a they have a benefit-- giving users a place to discuss their
experiences and share their knowledge, we don't currently have a good
solution for this, though we've thrown around ideas to revive this and
replace our old mvnforums with something else.