[sword-devel] Grep or Sed Command to Automate OSIS References?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 23:28:27 MST 2020

If you know that you have a reference (e.g. if you're not looking for
references within random blocks of text) then you can use something like
our Python bindings to pass strings into it and ask our engine to generate
the OSIS id. This is probably the best route to take as our Engine has
rather sophisticated code to account for a large range of ways to describe
a reference and convert it to and OSIS id. I believe that Peter has written
a script to do something like this in the past.

In short, the process is more complicated than a simple grep or sed regex
can be. Some of the OSIS abbreviations are non-obvious and not easy to
generate directly from the book name.

--Greg