[sword-devel] Module team and framework

refdoc at crosswire.org refdoc at crosswire.org
Sun Dec 20 14:38:25 EST 2020

Dear Dominique,

Can I simply express  how grateful I am for the way you are running the module making team. And for the way you clearly have taken on and built on the module making framework I started setting up some years ago.

When I invited you to join me in the upload team I did not appreciate how fast I would become unable for family reasons to do much in this respect and how fast you had to move from becoming my team mate to becoming my replacement. You have done this exceptionally well and without a single complaint, but singular energy.

I also feel very glad that my basic decisions back in 2015 or so when I conceived the make based system for automating module upload seems to have been sound, certainly insofar as you have able to build and expand upon it. There is a personal sense of pride there.

But even more so I am so glad that you have done so, revamping and reworking it so it seems to have moved from the flawed and raw system I set up to have become now a smooth and very useful system, judging from both the speed and frequency of new uploads and the quality messages coming through all the time, both as error and as success messages.

I just thought I should say this publicly.

God bless you and many many thanks!

And alongside this, I reallywould like to thank also Cyrille, David and so many others who are now producing module after module, all of ever better quality.

A very happy and blessed Christmas for all of you

Yours

Peter

Sent from my Huawei Mobile