[sword-devel] Where is current cipherraw.exe for Windows?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 11:39:54 EST 2020

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 11:08 AM John Dudeck <jdudeck at laclef.org> wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I am looking into how to use the encryption feature for Sword modules. I
> have done it successfully using the -c command line switch on osis2mod for
> Bibles, commentaries, and dictionaries.
>
> But I also need to do encryption for Genbooks. Reading the Crosswire wiki,
> it mentions the cipherraw tool.
>
> We do our module developement on Windows. I am using the other various
> utilities bundled with Xiphos 64-bit, but cipherraw.exe is missing.

This is officially unsupported. Only Linux is officially supported for
module development.

Of course, with the world being what it is, one of the easiest places for
you to test things out would be in Windows using the WSL2 support. You
should be able to get copies of the module utilities by tapping a sword (or
sword-utils on Fedora) package for any of the distros you install in WSL2.

> I have the 1.7.0 / 1.8.0 32-bit version from CrossWire. Is this the latest
> current version?

I'm unaware of any official builds from CrossWire. Where did you get it?

--Greg