[sword-devel] SWORD 1.9 almost RC

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Aug 30 08:52:22 EDT 2020

Hey guys,

I've finally got all my refactoring work done for this 1.9 release.

The promised new SWMgr::getUtilModules() is now available as well, which
separates out utilModules-- meant only for frontend developers to know
about, vs. modules users can see and choose to install.  You can still
use SWMgr::getModule(const char *name) which will still return utility
modules as well as normal user modules.  It's just the
SWMgr::getModules() method which we typically use to show to users which
will exclude them from the list.  There is also a new parameter on
InstallMgr::getModuleStatus(... bool utilModules = false) for listing
only utility modules when showing differences. utilities/installmgr also
received a few new options -lu (list utility modules); -lru (list remote
utility modules); -rdu (show differences between local install set and
remote utility modules).

I don't believe I am leaving anyone's patch out or feature request that
we planned for this release.  Please remind me if I have forgotten of yours.

Have a go and let me know anything not working as you expect. I'll cut
an RC soon if all seems to be working well.

Happy Sunday!  Praise God for His indescribable Gift!

Troy