[sword-devel] Abort module installation via API + Custom network timeouts

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Aug 8 03:30:47 EDT 2020

Hi,

Is there a way to abort a module installation via the SWORD API?
I saw in InstallMgr::installModule that there is some handling for when
the user aborted the process. But it doesn't seem like this is
controlled via the API.

One typical use case would be that the user's download speed is
currently slower then acceptable (whether due to internet issues or
server issues). In this case, instead of waiting "forever" one may want
to abort a download/installation.

Also, another question in the same context: Is it possible to configure
a custom timeout for the download of modules? What happens if a
repository server goes down? I remember one time when the Xiphos repo
was not available, waiting times seemed to be too long in the frontend
(based on long default timeouts in SWORD?).

Best regards,
Tobias