[sword-devel] About Massoretic Text, according to, Jacob ben Chayim and C.D. Ginsburg

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sat Nov 30 02:49:41 EST 2019

Hi Cyrille,

It’s not a Unicode based source.
The TeX encoding is a huge challenge.
We’d have to convert it to UTF-8 before doing anything further.

Ginsburg’s work should be PD by now but we don’t have direct information about Tigran Aivazian’s editing and how this might affect copyright.

Christian David Ginsburg (1831-1914) was a Polish-British Bible scholar. He was born to a Jewish family in Warsaw but converted to Christianity aged 15.
(From the Wikipedia article.)

Aside: Tigran has some very strange views. He has also published a Study Edition of the Urantia Papers.

Best regards,

David

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile