[sword-devel] Fr locale - Bishop [was: Mobile App Translators - Help Wanted]

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu May 30 09:01:21 MST 2019

Thank you again Dominique,

I have done a little research and it looks like it might be a thread
security issue.  There is a strange safeguard that can be set in some
versions of Android which don't allow certain things to happen in
spawned threads.  It says that its purpose is to catch things which you
might accidentally be doing wrong.

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/StrictMode

Anyway, I've explicitly turned this off.  I am not sure this is causing
our troubles, but searching around, I found others having similar
problems because of this.

I've also added tons more debug all throughout the makeRequest call, so
if it still doesn't work, another logcat should shed more light on
exactly there we are failing.

New update available, which also includes submitted locales updates, to
date.

http://crosswire.org/~scribe/bishop.apk