[sword-devel] Sidebars

Michael Johnson Michael at eBible.org
Wed May 22 19:16:50 MST 2019

A study Bible with extensive sidebars is really two books presented in parallel: The Holy Bible and a commentary. The best way to do it for electronic presentation is exactly that, as two volumes that get presented together.

You can try to shoehorn sidebars into the same USFM as the Bible text itself using some USFM 3.0 features, but those are not well supported in publication paths.