[sword-devel] Platform for the distribution of non-free Sword Modules

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Wed Mar 13 11:53:02 MST 2019

On 13.03.19 13:14, Dominique Corbex wrote:
> In France, people use modern (non-free) translation too, but *printed*
> Bibles.
> Some people I know have installed Bible apps on their phones but are not willing to pay for a non-free version.
> And for good reason, popular modern translation have their own free apps on Play Store:
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.SBG.s21)
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.book.bible.bds
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bible.jang.frpdv
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bible.parole.de.vie

Apps are often times available with non-free translations for free, but
that's not the case for decent desktop bible study software.
Even if the market is reduced to desktop bible study programs, that's
still a rather large market where Sword-based software could increase
its share.
Desktop bible study software is often times used by people in ministries
(teaching/preaching/bible study preparation). And these kind of users
are usually also ready to pay.

Best regards,
Tobias