[sword-devel] Chinese locale. Protestant vs. Catholic

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 18 13:28:43 EDT 2019

Dear team,

Recently Fr. Cyrille has submitted a new Chinese locale which he
describes as a "Catholic" version of the Bible book names.  I have
committed this, for now, into an 'alt' folder under our locales.d/ folder:

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/locales.d/alt/

Here is a direct link to our current zh_CN-utf8.conf locale for Chinese,
which apparently have more "Protestant" names for the Bible books.

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/locales.d/zh_CN-utf8.conf

Does anyone have thought about this?  This touches a bit on what David
asked about a few weeks back-- different traditions having different
names, even though they may share the same language.

Also, this new locale has our new short Bible book names section [Pref
Abbrevs], but our current "Protestant" locale does not yet have these?
Is anyone capable and willing to provide the abbreviations for our
current locale?

Thanks for any thoughts on this,

Troy