[sword-devel] Ezra Project, Alternative Versification & Deuterocanonical books?

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sun Jun 16 12:17:03 EDT 2019

Dear Tobias,

See http://wiki.crosswire.org/Alternate_Versification

All front-end apps ought to support what the engine supports in terms of alternate versification schemes and different canons.

It’s been many years since we restricted ourselves to the 66 protocanonical books in English KJV book order.

How this might work out for the design philosophy of Ezra Project is not for me to say.

However, while this is not yet supported, you may wish to consider having a safe fall back response
for modules that follow neither the English KJV (default) or Hebrew (which one?) versifications.

My query was prompted by a casual look at one of your source files, viz.  models/bibletranslation.js
Aside: That’s a tad out of character for me, as I’m not a JavaScript coder.

Best regards,

David

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile