[sword-devel] "File does not contain a valid SWORD module"

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 1 17:52:06 MST 2019

Does anyone have any idea what this is?  On my phone, when I download
bishop.apk from the link with mobile Chrome and then click "Open", I get
a toast message:

File does not contain a valid SWORD module

I have to, instead, manually use a file manager and go to my "Downloads"
folder and click the bishop.apk file to install it.

I am guessing one of our apps has installed a Chrome handler for .apk,
maybe looking for .apks coming from crosswire.org or maybe even looking
in the apk for bundles which are named org.crosswire.*

Anyway, it is kindof annoying and I was just curious if anyone knows who
is responsible for this and what it is?

Troy