[sword-devel] Which mailing list is best for addressing issues with Bishop development?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 1 08:27:02 MST 2019

On 6/1/19 5:18 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Just a minor point, but seeing as there’s an existing mailing list
> called mobile-devel at crosswire.org
> wouldn’t it be better to use that to discuss issues related to Bishop
> development?

Reasonable question.

At the time we split mobile-devel off from sword-devel, we had a problem
we were trying to solve: active conversations going on between BibleTime
Mobile, AndBible, Bishop, trying to agree on a common module
installation folder and other things.  The conversations were noisy and
they were flooding sword-devel when sword-devel was trying to have
conversations about other things.

mobile-devel has 77 subscribers

sword-devel has 452 subscribers

Much of my intent for this release with Bishop is to work out
localization and hence my call for translators.   Additionally, I was
hoping my call for an HTML/CSS/JavaScript designer might prompt an
interested individual to improve the look and feel.  I was hoping to
pull from the wider audience on sword-devel.  Also, Bishop is the first
app using the proposed UnlockInfo .conf entry to improve the user
process for unlocking publisher content.

I guess in summary, most of this isn't mobile-specific; there's not a
ton of other conversation happening on sword-devel right now; I'm
looking to reach a wider audience.  I don't think breaking the
conversation out to mobile-devel (which hasn't had a post since 2/2018)
is more beneficial than having it on sword-devel.

Troy