[sword-devel] Bishop 1.2.0pre7

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Jun 1 08:08:40 MST 2019

Dear Fr. Cyrille,

You should not need an internet connection to use bishop, other than to
initially install bishop and modules.

You will need an internet connection to use the Witness Study and
Variant Study features of bishop.

Are you absolutely sure you have installed the latest apk available from
this URL?  Check the file size and md5sum if possible:

[scribe at www public_html]$ ls -lat bishop.apk
-rw-r--r--. 1 scribe scribe 6259842 May 31 20:15 bishop.apk
[scribe at www public_html]$ md5sum bishop.apk
d11932184ee80aa2beaf49f402690208  bishop.apk

The other thing which might be causing issues is that the latest version
of some component we use (the Android NDK? Cordova?) seems to force me
to use minSdkLevel 19 now.  I believe we were at 14 previously.  Here's
the chart.  Note the "API level" column:

https://source.android.com/setup/start/build-numbers

I remember you saying you had an older version of Android.  Do you think
this might be the issue?

Troy