[sword-devel] Audio projects? (Video projects?)

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:22:17 MST 2019

Re: Sign language.

I agree with Greg's statement, but the more immediate reason is that
scripture translation includes both audio and video works.

All participants in ParaText, SIL, Wycliff, UBS must affirm the guidelines
of translation set forth in FOBAI (Forum of Bible Agencies International.)

FOBAI provides some 16 guidelines for text translations, then another 14
guidelines for translations intended for deaf communities.

You can read those guidelines via the link below to gain some understanding
how and why this is a real interest.

Because these translations of scripture into sign language already exist:
currently completed, projects ongoing, and projects forthcoming, we should
consider if it is possible and how to be a conduit of these works.

http://www.forum-intl.org/resources