[sword-devel] Audio projects? (Video projects?)

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:08:59 MST 2019

(http://gideons.bible.is/)

This question is because I'm chasing a lead on ESV Gideons edition. To
clarify a bit:  In 2013, Gideons International started publishing Bibles
based on the ESV that include revisions so the work conforms closely to the
Textus Receptus.

ESV2011 Matthew 6:13
  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Gideons Matthew 6:13
  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For yours in
the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever, Amen.

The problem I've run into is that the Gideons Bible App is dysfunctional,
and appears to be the only way to download the ESV-Gideons text onto a
mobile device. However, the Gideons app also appears to be geared primarily
to providing audio.

So, as I'm asking about receiving the text, I'm also preparing to field any
questions about audio.

Audio and Video have come in and out of discussion regarding OSIS and
availability on the sword format, but it was always forward looking.
However, in today's environment it's more of a "now" issue than ever.  Does
Sword (and OSIS) have a documented or recommended way to handle audio (and
video) in modules. Or a roadmap to getting there? I'm speaking of audio
scriptures and video scriptures for deaf (sign language).

Is it be possible to get the sword platform to provide recorded audio?