[sword-devel] Second versions, Scottish Metric Psalter

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Sat Jan 12 07:17:48 MST 2019

What's required is whole chapters as 2 different variants.

There are 25 lines containing the word 'version':
\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version (S.M.)

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version - this version was retained from the 1562 English and 1564 Scottish Psalters. It is by William Kethe.

\s2 Second Version
\cl Psalm 102\f There is also a Long Metre version below \f*

\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First Version (8.7.8.7. Iambic)

\s2 Second Version (6.6.6.6.8.8.)\f This is a slightly modified version of the Psalm as it first appeared in the Scottish Psalter of 1564 \f*

\s2 First Version (C.M.)
\s2 Second Version (6.6.6.6.D.)

\s2 First Version

\s2 Second Version

\s2 First version

\s2 Second Version (6.6.6.6.8.8.)

As you can see, one of these instances is simply within a note.
So there are in fact 12 Psalms that have a second metrical version.

Best regards,

David