[sword-devel] Making a Zip archive of a module?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 20:42:26 MST 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM David Haslam <dfhdfh at protonmail.com> wrote:

> I was rather hoping that a tool that takes just the ModuleName as its
> parameter might be available.
>
> If we can have
> mkfastmod ModuleName

Creating indexes is a SWORD-specific feature

> and
> mod2zmod ModuleName

Compressing a module is a SWORD-specific feature

> then why not one like
> zipmod ModuleName
> that finds the right files by looking up the path in .conf file?

Creating an archive from known file paths is a standard feature of the
operating system you're working with or its default utilities. There's
nothing really here for the library to do.

That said, here's a Python script that will do exactly what you asked for.
https://github.com/greg-hellings/sword-helpers
It requires that you have the Sword Python bindings in place.

--Greg