[sword-devel] Wanted : Sword utility to convert MarkDown to GenBook

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 09:14:48 MST 2019

Re: USFM applied to non-bibles

I use a form of USFM to produce GEN books.  It looks a bit different when
there are no chapters and verses, but the tags are all the same.  The
biggest learning is that 'chapter' tag in USFM means specifically 'BIBLE'
chapter, so the 'periph' tag is used to create the semantic division where
a 'chapter' (nonbibiblical) is expected.

As an example, This USFM code for a Cebuano Study of the Book of John in
Cebuano:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByEUgYFpGsfeMVo3U09RN3RlTXc

Produced this work:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByEUgYFpGsfeek1sQ1JqSklQc0E?usp=sharing

Which is also derived to epub and kindle.

However, All I got for my efforts seeking permissions on this was
acknowledgement from a dean of Global University that my activity up to
this point wasn't in violation of the distribution policy they provide. No
official license or clear statement that redistribution of this
reconstituted work is OK. And since it's a large organization (Assembly of
God) with many faces, I need something more than acknowledgement to mass
produce their library.