[sword-devel] Q re search indexes

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Feb 4 19:05:08 MST 2019

Yes, indexes created can be copied to another device having AndBible.

You can contact the current developer of AndBible on how to automate the creation of the indexes using JSword. It will be faster.

AndBible has recently changed hands and the creation of AndBible’s Lucene indexes on the CrossWire server is out of date. We are updating modules at a crazy rate and as Troy said, we don’t support/encourage the downloading of indexes. So it is behind. And might be dropped altogether.

Part of the reason that indexes should be created locally is that they handle versioning so much better. If AndBible/JSword is updated with regard to index creation or the module is updated, then you’ll need to maintain an index for every combination. If AndBible or the module is updated it can invalidate the index forcing the creation of a new one.

In Him,
	DM