[sword-devel] Linux: Linking to Sword library with potentially different names

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Tue Apr 16 23:12:30 MST 2019

Hi,

I need some advice from you Linux experts.

Cyrille tested Ezra Project on Linux and couldn't run it, because the
Sword package on that system (custom Sword 1.8.1 on Ubuntu 18.04)
contains a differently named *.so file than on my system (Default Sword
package from Ubuntu 18.04 => libsword11v5).

What can I do to support multiple *.so variants with the same binary? Is
there a way to do that?

I was thinking about creating a symlink within my application directory
structure that can be adjusted at runtime based on some dynamic system
inspection code.

Best regards,
Tobias