[sword-devel] Mapping Strongs numbers to translations that do not come with Strongs support

Tobias Klein contact at tklein.info
Sat Apr 13 03:33:18 MST 2019

Hi,

I have an idea that I would like to run by you guys.

Would it be possible to automatically map Strongs numbers to
translations that do not come with Strongs support?

The approach would be like this:
- Take a translation that comes with Strongs numbers
- Map each word (and Strongs number) to a corresponding word in the
target translation, by using a regular dictionary

There may be some validation / manual checking needed when there is not
a clear match between a word in the source translation and the target
translation.
Furthermore, this would probably only work with pairs of translations
that are both aiming to be literal. In that case the order of words
would be very similar and would increase chances of mapping
words/Strongs correctly.

What do you think?
I'd be very happy to see Strongs mapped to German translations
specifically. But it could technically even work for English/English
translation mapping.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Tobias