[sword-devel] Module version numbers

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Sep 25 07:50:09 EDT 2018

On 09/25/2018 04:44 AM, Jaak Ristioja wrote:
> values also containing dashes
Most of those are mine.
It's a date encoding following the version number of the source content.
StrongsRealGreek's "1.5-150704" is Ulrik's release 1.5, which I built
into a Sword module on July 4, 2015. (Wow, I must have been bored on a
holiday...)
When I first started making modules 12 years ago, I didn't know there
was a specified syntax, and I picked numbered strings that meant
something to me personally.

Considering that I've been doing this for well over a decade, and no one
has ever written about this even once until now, I've never considered
it a problem.

As to how to interpret it... Well, to me it would be semantically
equivalent if "s/-/./" but the visual offset is why I did it in the
first place.

--karl