[sword-devel] Copyright, modules, mailing list

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 08:30:18 MST 2018

Andrew,

If I'm trying to get a novel published and I get a rejection letter, It
does not help my chances to try to publicly ridicule the guy who sent me
that letter. Trying to defame Peter in his efforts is not helping your
efforts, and probably has permanently removed your submissions from serious
consideration at Crosswire. Your actions do affect your opportunities.

Peter has repeatedly pointed out, he's protecting Crosswire's interests.
And he's protecting your interests. And your response is a bit abnormal,
which raises alarms. I've had stuff come back from Peter with concerns. I
thank Peter every time (well, I should have... I'm not the best at
following up with thank you notes.)  I live in the United States, where  a
group of government agents do actively seek out copyright infringers. Each
time they knock on somebody's door, it's a life changing experience.
Although it's unlikely, Peter's rejections may have kept me from dealing
with this. After being rejected, Peter has taken material from me that has
been published. However, I didn't send him multiple arguments and try to
make things very public. As you go forward, maybe you can learn from this.

I'll point out that Sword programs have multiple repositories.  Peter is
responsible for the Crosswire repositories.  If you feel that your material
is publishable even after considering Peter's concerns, can I suggest you
try publishing it by alternative means?  Have you asked ALL of the
repository owners?  If you're hearing the same answer from multiple
sources, maybe the problem is with your methods and your research into the
legal side is flawed.