[sword-devel] Problem with verse range linking osis2mod Windows v3431

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:29:23 MST 2018

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 5:25 AM David Haslam <dfhdfh at protonmail.com> wrote:

> So the reported bug arises only from the 64 bit compilation of
> osis2mod.exe for Windows?
>
> Have I got this right?
>
> AFAIK, the 64 bit utilities are only maintained by Karl as bundled with
> Xiphos releases. I think Greg only provides 32 bit utilities where he
> compiles them from time to time for CrossWire as a service for Windows
> users.

This is incorrect. I build both the ones I supply directly and the ones
that Karl bundles with Xiphos. They're part of the standard Fedora packages
for MinGW builds of the Sword engine. I provide builds of both 32 and 64
bit versions directly at my download links.

> This being the case, the issue should really be picked up by Karl and
> tracked accordingly.

(changing Karl to Greg...) Only if we can verify that this is exclusively a
problem of the Windows build process and not an inherent flaw of the
engine. Also, we need to verify that this doesn't also happen in Linux
builds from the same source tree.

> As the 32 bit utility works exactly as required, solving the 64 bit issue
> would not be priority for SWORD developers, unless the root cause turns out
> to be something more fundamental.

We definitely haven't narrowed it down to a bit-size issue yet. The 32-bit
version that worked properly was several hundred commits back the source
tree history. There has likely been substantial changes to the whole system
since that time. We have much more to test before we're certain this is
either limited to the Windows builds or to 64-bit only.

--Greg