[sword-devel] CrossWire tracker - mass closure of bugs

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Nov 13 16:51:39 MST 2018

Just a short note - I have worked my way through the Jira database in
CrossWire and have closed innumerable bugs in the engine and in
modtools sections - either by fixing them (seldom), noting they were
fixed already (nice!), realising they were a bit silly (uncommon, but
happens) or - and that was a huge amount - they were for a different
project. Specifically usfm2osis.py had some near 20 bugs which I all
closed as "upstream".

In parts these were Chris' scrapboard bugs and maybe he had fixed
things, maybe not, but in parts they were also genuine ancient bugs. In
both cases - the work now happens in Github, there is a bug tracker
there which is likely in use and I have not seen John Austin ever
commenting or acting on any of those in our tracker. So, all in all the
bugs if still relevant should get reported there. I guess to be honest
he has fixed most of them already a long time ago.

If anyone needs to look at any specific bugs e.g. those you might have
reported then this is still possible, but as far as re-opening
usfm2osis.py bugs is concerned - please do this in github.

Further, there are a couple of barely understandable (to me!) but
clearly serious bugs by people who develop here - I have commented and
asked questions. Maybe if you can look and see if these questions could
be answered?

Our bug database is a bit of an embarrassment in terms of longevity of
bugs. But maybe I have made it easier for others to look at one or two
now - given that it is clearer where actually work needs to be done.

Peter