[sword-devel] Omega DigiBible

Michael H cmahte at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 11:21:54 MST 2018

The book selection in the app comes pre installed with KJV, ESV and the
1905 Tagalog. It offers downloads that appear to match English and
philippine languages hosted only on the main Crosswire site, but I can't be
sure if anything else is present.

Re: cult status.

As far as I know the COGI isn't what I would call a 'cult'. If you dig into
the statement of beliefs they appear to be Christian. Pretty much any
protestant organization that isn't well-funded from abroad gets labelled
'cult' in the philippines. They are denegrated in the Philippines by the
prominent religion, catholocism, as opposing Catholocism, and being
popular.  Statements about non-trinitarianism are at best distortions. They
believe in the trinity, or a more western view of the trinity than many
philippine "protestant" organizations.

Specifically, the Philippines has a strong tradition of female domination,
especially in the southern half and far north. A particularly cultish view
in the Philippines is the assignment of a father, mother, and child to the
parts of the trinity.  In the Philippines this genderific/generationalistic
view by its nature sets an order that the holy spirit has priority over the
other members, and the child in the trinity must always show respect to the
other members. And there are biblical verses to support this view ...
Statements by Jesus about the unpardonable sin, statements in revelation
NOT to worship Jesus but god, statement post resurrection that real power
comes later.

Even with verbiage about a co-equal trinity, if there is a female gender
member and a generation gap, co-equal has a very specific pecking order.
And in the Philippines, this idea that the trinity is a sideways triangle
with the F at the top the M pointing to the side, and the m pointing down
is strong. So much so, the word "trinity" has connotations of this
iconography without any explanation. And in the Philippines, this "Trinity
with gender" is regarded a Christian view, or at least it doesn't exclude
Christianity by itself.

If you read the teachings of the COGI closely, the rejections are against a
non coequal trinity of gender.  They support the idea behind the trinity
being inseparably one with three faces, not the idea of a trinity of three
separate beings in a family.  The words in western English seem to not say
this, but when you read it with eastern eyes... they are arguing for a
focus on unity, not the traditional philippine family view.

However, It is a central figure dominated organization. Those seem to be
everywhere and hard to avoid these days.