[sword-devel] Does the CLucene indexing work for non-English texts?

TS outofthecube at icloud.com
Thu Nov 1 13:14:24 MST 2018

Does the CLucene indexing work for non-English texts?

David's recent question about languages without spaces caused me to be a bit curious about this matter. Briefly looking at the current Apache Lucene code, their appears to be extra code for non-English text. However, this is in comparison to the Clucene code for PocketSword. And I seem to recall that, in general, the CLucene code in PocketSword may only be for reading indices and not for writing them. Also, to clarify  further, it is possible that an index is created, but with errors?
     For example, when I search Koine Greek texts, it does so erroneously. I think that I'll start a separate post regarding the Greek search and indexing in specific.

-TS

--Sent from phone--