[sword-devel] Module submission, Wiki page

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed May 30 03:19:06 MST 2018

Dear All,

Given that module submission is and - has always been -  a definitive
bottleneck in our setup I have spent significant time to make it
automated, reproducible and hopefully faster too.

"Faster" means that less time is necessary to actually do the deed and
put a module on the server, it does of course not create time when I do
not have any due to competing or more important commitments. I am a
volunteer just like the rest of us and have family, church and job to
attend to.

In order to streamline the process further, I have created a wiki page
giving important instructions which I would like to ask anyone
considering putting a module my way.

Careful consideration of the information on this page will cut the time
for me to upload from 1+ hr (with all testing and correcting of input
etc) to a few minutes.

I do ask any and all enthusiastic wiki contributors - please stay off
that page, unless you actually upload modules with our new system.

Further, if anyone is interested become an uploader too, (which would
widen our bottleneck of course) please feel free to volunteer.

Having said this - there is no point to volunteer if you are not
willing to use Linux (or another *nix like system). Nor is there a
point in volunteering if Troy (our director) does not trust you with a
shell account and the relevant privileges on the server.

But if both conditions are clear then you will need git, svn, make,
Perl, the sword-bindings for Perl, svn-head of our library and a couple
of Perl modules and you are good to go.

Peter