[sword-devel] Berean Bible

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun May 27 13:39:22 MST 2018

On 05/26/2018 06:49 AM, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
> looking forward to seeing if I can produce a module that makes the
> interlinear really work well
I'm experimenting with this content. I'm rather liking what's being
produced.
http://karl.kleinpaste.org/.../BIBnt-1.gif
http://karl.kleinpaste.org/.../BIBnt-2.gif
It's incomplete so far, lacking paragraph breaks and headings, for
example. I have to figure out how to get those details out of the .xlsx
tables provided so as to inject them into the resulting content as a
post-construction automated edit. But this somewhat raw construction
took less than an hour.

It's kind of a joy to work with completely regularized content.
Copy/paste selected columns from original .xlsx content, export as CSV,
then script the auto-edited component access. Very straightforward, I
generate this kind of thing in my sleep. I wish all providers could be
so conscientious.

Downside is that they have their own Greek lexicon as well as their own
morphological parse content. The parse data appears original on their
part; the Strong's-ish refs have intersection and overlap but clearly
also have inconsistencies with regular Strong's. So I am also making
lexdict modules to go along with it -- those were /easy/ oh my goodness
-- but in the latter case, it's going to induce me to make some updates
to Xiphos so that Strong's and morph choices are associated per-Bible
rather than being a general app-wide preference. At least this will also
induce the removal of some crude special case code for NASB lex that
will never have reason to see the light of day.

Producing a module for their ordinary study Bible will be easier due to
not having need to construct keyed content. What I really wanted for now
was the real interlinear.

I'm not intending to make this work publicly available, because (as
expressed before) it's NT only and it will just have to be obsoleted as
soon as they finish OT, hence the name BIBnt. But if anyone wants a look
privately, let me know.