[sword-devel] How to detect books available in a given module ?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue May 15 18:44:42 MST 2018

Hi Pierre,

We have an example to list the available books within a module.  I have
just added a check to be sure an entry exists at verse 1:1 of the book
before printing the book name, so the output will only show books with
data.  It is possible a module might skip 1:1 for some book, like a
commentary which doesn't have an entry for 1:1, but this will mostly
give you what you'd like.  If you need to check if any data at all is
present at any entry in the verse, have a look at:

SWModule::skipConsecutiveLinks(true) and increment().  This will take
you to the next entry in the module.  If it is past the current book,
then you know no entry is present at all in the book.

http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/examples/tasks/listbiblebooknames.cpp

Hope this is helpful

Troy