[sword-devel] Bishop 1.1

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon May 14 07:58:35 MST 2018

Dear all,

A new version of Bishop has been pushed to the market.  This version
includes:

The two new display modes, Language Assist and Commentary Assist,
outlined in a previous email.  These are experimental and mostly for
feedback.

I've updated to target SDK 26, which Google tells me is mandatory past
Aug 2018.  This includes changes that keep me from writing directly to
the root of the sdcard/ so modules are installed to someplace specific
for my bishop.  I still try to use /sdcard/sword if I have permission,
and if I can't write there, I also try to augment modules from
/sdcard/sword if it exists and I have permission to read from there.  I
have no idea how different Android versions will work with this, so
please let me know if you have trouble.

Updated to BibleSync 2.0

There is a new timeout for scrolling, which doesn't try to populate aux
information (footnotes, apparatus, etc.) until scrolling stops for 1/2 a
second.  This seems to make scrolling much smoother.  Please let me know
if you think the delay is not acceptable.

All in all, I'm mostly worried about stability right now with the SDK
change and the other additions.  Please report any issues.  Thank you.

Troy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crosswire.bishop

https://crosswire.org/bishop.apk