[sword-devel] TEI2MOD - Output File Names

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:24:48 MST 2018

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 10:47 AM, Johan <johan.marais at messianic.co.za>
wrote:

> Thank you Greg.
>

> I checked the other dictionaries, they all use the dictionary name as the
> file names.
>

> If changing the file names from “dict.xxx. to “ts2009en.xxx” violationing
> your SOP (standard operating procedures??), then I would rather keep them
> as “dict.xxx”.

Well perhaps it's not violating the SOP, then. I always just left them the
same, but it's been some 10+ years since I was actively working on module
development on any large scale. I've mostly contributed in code,
documentation, release, and abraisively worded emails on the mailing list
since then. I just installed a random module from CrossWire and it does use
its own filenames as you suggest. So feel free to name it how you wish -
just make sure that the filename (minus the extensions) matches the last
component of the DataPath entry in the module's config file.

--Greg