[sword-devel] Normalize the search string (comparing front-end apps)

David Haslam dfhdfh at protonmail.com
Thu Mar 22 05:19:54 MST 2018

Thanks DM,

Not all searches make use of the Lucene index !

e.g. In Xiphos, the advanced search panel gives the user a choice of which type of search.
Lucene is only one of these mutually exclusive options.

btw. Where is it documented that the creation of a Lucene search index normalizes the Unicode for the index?
Do we know for certain that this would occur irrespective of whether normalization was suppressed during module build?
i.e. With osis2mod option   -N do not convert UTF-8 or normalize UTF-8 to NFC

Best regards,

David